Where The Crawdads Sing Part 1
In this revisited episode of Where The Crawdads Sing Part 1 Lisa and her guest, Jennifer Byrd have an insightful conversation about social isolation and abandonment. There will be spoilers for the book. The discussion delves into the beautiful lyrical writing about the swamp but also contrasts the limited descriptions of the characters.
During the discussion, they mention, The Boy Who Was Raised As a Dog and chat about how children are impacted by their environment.
· You can hear author Delia Owens talk about the book.
· Here’s a review from bookish blog Lit & Leisure that delves into discrepancies of the characters mentioned on the podcast.
· In an article author Janice Harayda calls, “Where The Crawdads Sing” the most over-rated novel of the decade and discusses stereotypes in the book.
· This blog post and a Goodreads review by Betsy Robinson are also highlighted in the discussion.
· This Washington Post article delves into how the writing style changes between descriptions of the scenery and the court room drama.
Destiny of the Republic: a Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President
The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild by Lawrence Anthony
For more information, find Lisa on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and her website.
*The book titles mentioned include affiliate links. You can support the podcast by purchasing a book with the links because the podcast receives a small commission.