Lisa and her guest Storm Kopitsch, youth services coordinator for the Fowlerville, Michigan Library, have a compelling discussion about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This is a historic fiction about World War II where the narrator is Death.
Lisa and Storm discuss whether this book is best suited for youth audiences or adults. The New York Times says that teens might find the story a bit too slow. There are spoilers in this show.
Lisa and her guest also talk a great deal about the narration of the book and the choice to have it narrated by Death.
Books Discussed on the show:
· Matilda by Roald Dahl
· They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
· The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
· The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune
· The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
· Rosaline Palmer Takes the Cake by Alexis Hall
· Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall
*The book titles mentioned include affiliate links. You can support the podcast by purchasing a book with the links because the podcast receives a small commission.