This is a book published in 2016 about Josh and Lucy who both work in publishing together and despise one another. There will be spoilers in this discussion.
The New York Times says the book is a vibrant take on an old standard and The Library Journal writes that Thorne is a writer to watch.
But the author of Mermaid Reads, a reading blog, says no other hyped-up book has disappointed her as much as this one.
Lisa and her guest discuss a number of romance books and some that are reminiscent of Jane Austen.
Books Discussed on the show:
· Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
· The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morgenthaler
· Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Sarah Morgenthaler
· Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
· Work: A Story of Experience by Louisa M. Alcott
· Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
· Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
· Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott
· Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott
· The Sisters: The Saga of the Mitford Family by Mary S. Lovell
· Fox Crossing by Melinda Metz
· Pride Prejudice and Cheese Grits by Jane Hathaway
· Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
· Incense and Sensibility by Sonali Dev
· How the Garcia Sisters Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
For more information, find Lisa on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and her website.
*The book titles mentioned include affiliate links. You can support the podcast by purchasing a book with the links because the podcast receives a small commission.